Saturday, November 23, 2013

Welcome! My Journey to Health

Welcome to my blog, "Vegan Made Easy." I decided to make this blog because I want to share my vegan path with those who want to regain their health and appearance through healthy eating and want to know how it can be done. As of today, 11/23/2013, I have only been fully vegan for about 4 months. I have been on a full-blown, all out, quest for better health since 02/01/2013. I will explain that more in future blog posts.
For today I would like to share (with great sadness) a few "before" photos. Then I will show a few of my current photos. Keep in mind that I am still in the process of regaining my health and vitality. In other words, I am still a work in progress and have more weight to lose and health to gain.
So, here are a few "Before" photos. These photos were taken in January of 2013.
Although I was on a fabulous vacation in Punta Cana, DR, I was feeling very disappointed in myself and my body because of my weight. I felt miserable. Before taking this vacation, I had a long talk with my sister, Ruth. I explained that immediately upon returning from Punta Cana, I was going to do "whatever it takes to lose the weight." My plan was to give myself one year, not only to lose 40-50 pounds, but also to learn what it would take to be free of the bondage of "watching my weight, counting calories, fat grams, portion control, Weight Watchers points, carbs, exercising the calories away, etc." Well, it hasn't quite been a year, but I have done my research and I have found the solution. It is a plant-centered vegan approach to eating which has starch as a focal point of each meal. Dr. John McDougall's books, videos, and website have been the most helpful to me and my family. I have lost 42 pounds so far! Just know that I have NEVER been hungry since I started, and I refuse to live that way. I will teach you what I have learned. I can't wait to share more with you. Here are a few current photos so that you can gauge my progress:
I have lost about 5 more pounds since these pictures were taken. The weight is continuing to come off (albeit slowly) as I continue on this path. I have lost all of it through my eating plan, none as the result of exercise. I have slowly begun to add exercise into my life (I'm a work in progress, remember?). Follow me for ideas on losing weight, getting healthy, not being hungry or feeling deprived, and never looking back!
Please subscribe to my blog and watch for upcoming videos, Pinterest boards, tweets and more to follow very soon!

Follow Rebecca Zullo Vegan Made Easy Healthy Recipes on Pinterest

2 comments:

  1. This is fantastic, Beckie! You are my motivation to get healthier and live a better life. Thank you for sharing your story. It will help so many others get on the track to better wellness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle,
      Thanks for your comment! I am glad that I can inspire you. I have people in my life who do the same for me. What I want to show (through this blog) is that eating for your health is easy to do once you learn some basics. The first step is deciding that you are going to make the change, and you are there! Thanks for your feedback. Looking forward to sharing my journey and my tips with everyone through this blog.
      Beckie

      Delete